Church of the Icon of mother of God life-giving spring in Tsaritsyno in Moscow
Variations on a theme «...with a film across Moscow»
Camera: Ricoh F-50S
Lens: Color Rikenon 2.8 - 40mm
Film: Konica Centuria 100 (expired 08/2007)
Scanner: Epson Stylus Photo RX500 (+VueScan)
Photo taken: 20/12/2016
Church of Our Lady of Life-Giving Spring in Tsaritsyno in the Moscow (Church of the icon of the Mother of God «life-giving spring») — an Orthodox church Danilov deanery of the Moscow diocese, consecrated in honor of the Mother of God «Life-giving Source». Built in the XVIII century in the Elizabethan Baroque style.
The temple was built in 1722 by the architect P. N. Avalanche by order of the political figure and scientist, ruler of Moldavia (1710-1711), Prince of D. K. Kantemir. It was rebuilt in 1760-ies and in 1883.
The architecture of the Church in the Baroque style typical suburban rural churches of mid-eighteenth century, and generally pretty mediocre. It is curious why Catherine II, together with Potemkin did not set out to build a new, more representative temple in the same "Gothic taste" of that and the entire Palace complex. This modest Church is now a monument Kantemir era in the history of Tsaritsyn.
In the 1930-ies, the Tsaritsyno Church was closed. In 1990, began its restoration, 6 may 1998, his Holiness Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia Alexy II solemnly consecrated the restored temple for the new worship.